Of the more than 80,000 synthetic chemicals currently in production, thousands exist in human blood at detectable levels. Many of these chemicals are known carcinogens that bio-accumulate in fatty tissues. As humans are at the top of the food chain, these toxicants can become highly concentrated in our bodies. The presence of these chemicals is a primary risk factor for cancer, although most people are not particularly cognizant of this hazard because it is invisible, and tests to determine toxicity levels are extremely expensive. Even if a person were made aware of their toxic load, medical science has claimed up to now that there is no proven method to remove these toxicants from your body.
These synthetic chemicals can pose an even greater risk to babies and children than to adults, as their bodies are still growing, and therefore more vulnerable to harm. The chemicals are transmitted to babies through their mother’s blood, as well as through mother’s milk. Because these carcinogenic chemicals are lipophilic, they are drawn out from the mother’s body with the lipid content of the breast milk, and are stored long-term within an infant’s body.
Two of the most harmful chemicals that bio-accumulate in our bodies are PCBs and DDE. PCBs were produced from the 1920s to the 1970s as a coolant inside transformers, as well as for a variety of other purposes. DDT was used as an insecticide for most of the 20th century. DDT breaks down to a particle called 4, 4’ – DDE. Both chemicals are virtually indestructible, and both are highly carcinogenic.
Since prehistoric times, fasting has been a common practice in almost all cultures for both physical and spiritual purification. Fasting has been mostly neglected by mainstream medicine since the start of the twentieth century, but continues to be recommended by some alternative health practitioners.
Prior to this experiment, medical doctors consistently claimed they had no evidence that fasting was effective for detoxification. The goal of this experiment is to prove that a fasting-based detox regimen can significantly reduce blood lipid levels of certain toxicants.
The subject of this study was the researcher himself, Troy Reicherter, who turned 47 years old in May 2015, the month the experiment began. His diet had been mainly lacto-ovo vegetarian since 1999. The main intervention was fasting. The subject had engaged in previous water-only fasts, the longest having been a 20-day fast in 2007, but had not engaged in any fasting at all between 2007 and June 2015.
The 2015-2018 basic fasting protocols included ingesting plenty of pH 8.5 water from a LeveLuk SD 501 Kangen Water reverse osmosis filtration machine, and no caloric intake for three periods of 21, 30, and 40 days in June-July of 2015, 2017, and 2018, respectively. This machine was also the primary source for drinking water used between fasts, and has been the primary source of drinking water for the subject since 2007.
Colonic irrigation is a necessity for long fasts. A Colema Board was used with a 10-gallon plastic container filled with warm tap water. Each of these colonic sessions was done at home and lasted about an hour, until the water in the 25-quart container ran out.
Electrolytes were used during each fast, including potassium, magnesium, and sodium. A multivitamin pill was taken daily during the entire 42 months of the experiment.
During phases one and two in 2015-2016, some supplements were used, as well as other holistic protocols, including sauna, dry brush massage, headstands, acupressure, abdominal self-massage, circumambulation, meditation, and moxibustion. The oral administration of activated charcoal to interrupt the enterohepatic pathway was not conceived until the summer of 2016, after which time it was used almost without interruption until the experiment’s conclusion in December 2018.
For each of the eight blood tests in this experiment, ten vials of blood were drawn at Valley Medical Hospital, centrifuged, and the refrigerated serum sent to SGS AXYS Analytical Corporation in British Columbia for testing. The results are revealed chronologically here, but were in fact received in groups: tests one and two in spring of 2016, tests three and four in spring of 2017, and tests five through eight in early 2019.
PHASE ONE PROTOCOLS: MAY 2015 – JANUARY 2016
Blood was drawn on May 11, 2015 for a baseline measurement. Body weight on that day was 186 pounds. Blood lipid levels of 4, 4’ – DDE were 56.1 nanograms per gram (56,100 parts per trillion, or ppt). Blood lipid levels of PCBs were 71,000 picograms per gram, or ppt.
Due to the extremely high cost of the experiments and limited resources, the initial intent in 2015 was to use all means possible to achieve maximum decrease in blood toxicity levels within six months. The rationale was that a significant result from this experiment would gain publicity and attract funding for further research to discover which of the many interventions were actually the most effective.
The subject’s weight was 186 pounds on the evening of June 19, 2015. Fasting commenced on June 20th and lasted for 21 days. In addition to water and the sports drinks consumed in the sauna, over five of the final ten days, zero-calorie Powerade drinks were consumed outside the sauna.
Colonics were done on day 2, 5, and 9 of the fast, until it seemed the bowels were clear.
The subject weighed 155 pounds on the morning of July 11 prior to breaking the fast.
Where the number of each interventions is given, this also means the intervention was done over the same number of days, as none were repeated on the same day.
*Sauna – Saunas were usually in the 170-180 degree range Fahrenheit, and varied in length, usually from 20-30 minutes. In the sauna, it was standard practice to drink both a 20 oz. zero calorie Vitamin Water Revive fruit punch (with 880 mg of potassium), and a a 32-oz. zero-calorie Powerade because these drinks have supplements including vitamin B, vitamin C, sodium, potassium, calcium, and magnesium. In a testing irregularity, one week the subject accidentally purchased three 100-calorie sports drinks that looked almost identical to the zero-calorie type, and drank these in the sauna during the fast by mistake. There was a total of 109 sessions in the sauna for a cumulative total of 40 hours.
*Dry brush massage – This is reputed to stimulate the skin, allow for better respiration, lymph circulation, and removal of toxic waste from the cells. This was done for approximately two minutes daily before or after a shower. Subject used a dry loofa sponge till 8/31/2015, then switched to a nylon brush, then on 11/14/2015 switched to a Tampico Skin Brush made by the Yerba Prima Company. In total this was done 147 times.
*Headstands – The purpose was to drain the lymphatic system and balance the endocrine system. This was done with a cushioned headstand device purchased from EvolutionHealth.com. These headstands were done for daily sessions lasting three minutes from May 18 until Oct 21, after which these were done for five minutes per day, and on Nov. 15th, the time was increased to seven minutes per session. Headstands were done 106 times, for a total of 452 minutes.
*Acupressure – This was done in attempt to stimulate detoxification. Subject pressed Large Intestine 4, Liver 3, as well as the liver point on the ear (where the bottom of the concha intersects with the antihelix). These points were pressed for 30 seconds per day. In one irregularity, ear acupuncture was used in place of ear acupressure for 15 min on day 5. Starting August 7, the Liver area on the bottom of the right foot was also pressed for 30 seconds once per day. In total, acupressure was done 145 times. Ear acupressure was done 123 times (this includes the one time this was done with acupuncture instead).
* Self-Massage – This was abdominal massage, done according to the belief that by pressing on all parts of the abdomen, all internal organs are stimulated, improving their functions, including their ability to detoxify. The daily routine was in three parts. First, counterclockwise circular massage was done 35 times with both hands over the entire abdomen. Second, the abdomen was divided into nine squares and 35 counterclockwise circles of deep massage were done on each square. Third, clockwise circular massage was done 35 times. During the fast itself, self-massage was done on the muscles of the subject’s legs and glutes to move fluids from the cells and lymphatic system. This was done a total of 145 times.
*Circumambulation – in accord with the traditional Chinese medicine assertion that moving in a counterclockwise manner purifies by reducing excess conditions. This was done indoors walking quickly in a small counterclockwise circle. The subject did this at first for approximately five minutes per session, then on August fifth, began making each session 10 minutes long. On September 28, the subject started making each session 15 minutes long. Circumambulation was done a total of 74 times, for an estimated total of 850 minutes.
*Meditation – This was done for a minimum of five minutes each time, normally sitting in a cross-legged position with back straight. The subject focused on the circular flow of energy, on light filling the body, and on the cells excreting the chemicals they have been holding. This was done 136 times in total.
*Moxibustion – Moxibustion is believed in traditional Chinese medicine to improve the function of internal organs, and could potentially increase the rate of detoxification. This consisted of holding a burning stick of moxa (artemis vulgaris) over four acupoints for 30-60 seconds daily, and moving in little clockwise motions to tonify. Points used were Kidney 1, Stomach 36, Ren 6, and Large Intestine 10. Moxibustion was done 112 times in total.
Supplements Used (for complete details and dosage information, see Appendix 2):
2. MSM (Methylsulphonylmethane)
3. Vitamin C
4. SAM-e (S-Adenosylmethionine)
6. Coenzyme Q10
10. TMG (trimethylgylcine)
11. Vitamin E
12. Milk Thistle Powder
13. Dandelion Root Powder
15. Vitamineral Green
16. Grape Seed Extract
19. Calcium D glucarate
20. Pectasol Detox Formula
21. Magnesium Oil
On January 6, 2016, the second blood drawing was done. The subject’s weight on that day was 186 pounds.
The January 2016 blood drawing showed 4, 4’ – DDE blood lipid levels of 49.1 nanograms per gram (49,100 ppt), a 12.48% decrease. The blood lipid PCBs were 71,900, a 1.27% increase. The PCB blood lipid levels were elevated, suggesting that PCBs follow a different rate of excretion from fat cells, elimination from the body, and reabsorption back into fat cells than does 4, 4’ – DDE.
PHASE TWO: JANUARY 2016 – FEBRUARY 2017
The decision was made to pay for another round of two expensive tests to discover if the toxicant levels would continue to drop without further intervention. In the first part of 2016, no special interventions were made, except for taking a sauna per week, on average, from February 2016 through February 2017.
The third blood drawing was done on July 20, 2016. The subject’s weight on this day was 187 pounds. The third blood test revealed a blood lipid 4, 4’ – DDE amount of 48.6 nanograms per gram, a further 0.89% decrease from baseline (for a cumulative drop of 13.37%), and a blood lipid PCB measurement of 64,400 ppt, a cumulative decrease of 8.03% from baseline.
After considering the reason for such a small drop in toxicants in the first six months of the experiment, the weak link in the body’s detox chain was suspected to be the enterohepatic pathway. This is the circular pathway by which toxicant chemicals are collected in the liver, excreted into the duodenum along with the bile, and then reabsorbed back into the bloodstream through the small intestine. A mechanism was sought to interrupt the enterohepatic pathway, and food-grade activated charcoal was finally selected for this purpose. This product is composed of tiny particles which are indigestible, and pass harmlessly through the digestive system. Activated charcoal has a tremendous surface area, with many corrugations to capture chemicals and remove them from the alimentary canal. The subject began taking nine “000” size capsules (each holds approximately 1,000 mg) of activated charcoal daily on August 5, 2016. Three were taken with each meal. The type used was “American Hardwood Activated Charcoal Powder” (Essential Elements brand). The gelatin capsules were PurecapsUSA brand, and the capsules were filled by hand at home.
The subject also briefly tried another substance as an enterohepatic pathway interrupter: bentonite clay (Wyoclay brand). Subject took two teaspoons of bentonite clay for three days in August, before deciding to rely solely on activated charcoal for the rest of this experiment.
The fourth blood drawing was done on January 30, 2017. The subject’s weight on this day was 185 pounds. This showed a blood lipid 4, 4’ – DDE measurement of 44.5 nanograms per gram (44,500 ppt), an additional 7.31% decrease (for a cumulative drop of 20.68% from baseline), and a 6.62% additional drop in blood lipid PCBs from baseline (for a cumulative reduction of 15.92% from baseline).
The third blood tests showed that while levels of 4, 4’ – DDE had essentially levelled off, levels of PCBs were continuing to fall during this period. The fourth blood drawing (for the period when the intervention of activated charcoal had begun) showed a clear drop in both chemicals. It is unknown what continued drop, if any, would have taken place in PCB levels without the use of activated charcoal. In any case, this substantial drop in 4, 4’ – DDE levels suggested that the use of activated charcoal had been effective.
PHASE THREE: MARCH 2017 – DECEMBER 2018
A decision was made to pay for four more blood tests to attempt to confirm the hypothesis that two of the interventions had been effective: fasting (the modified fasting regimen including necessary additions, including colonics, plus electrolytes, plus a daily vitamin pill) and the activated charcoal. During this period, the additional supplements and additional interventions were not used.
Due to the difficulty of safely filling the gelatin capsules with activated charcoal, already-filled 450 mg capsules by Nutriessence brand were purchased. The protocol from March 1, 2017 till June 17, 2017 was to take 30 of these every day, usually in doses of six capsules five times a day.
The fifth blood drawing was done on June 3, 2017. The subject’s weight was 186 pounds on this day. The results for the June 2017 blood drawing (following a period of activated charcoal and no fasting) showed a 4, 4’ – DDE measurement of 22.6 nanograms per gram (22,600 ppt), an additional drop of 39.03% (for a cumulative drop of 59.71% from baseline) and 30,500 ppt, an additional drop of 41.12% in PCBs, from baseline (for a cumulative drop of 57.04%). The cause for the large drop in DDE is suspected to be due to an end to the different gene expression brought about by the 2015 fast, leading to a change in cellular activity. The results of blood drawings done from June 2017 – December 2018 were not known until April of 2019.
Weekly saunas were done till the start of the 2017 fast, but were completely discontinued from that time until after the blood drawing in December 2018. Other protocols like abdominal massage, dry brush massage, headstands, and moxa, which were done only occasionally between February 2016 and June 15, 2017, were completely discontinued from June 16, 2017 till Dec. 1, 2018.
Protocols for 2017 Fast
The subject weighed 183.5 pounds on June 16, 2017, the first day of a 30-day fast.
This time, while doing the fast, the subject took the following supplements daily for health and to maintain safe electrolyte levels:
Potassium – three 99 mg pills
Calcium – 1,000 mg pill
Magnesium – 300 mg
Selenium – 400 mcg (three pills of 100 mcg each, plus 100 mcg in multivitamin)
Three pinches of sea salt mixed in with water.
The subject continued taking 30 of the 450 mg Nutriessence activated charcoal capsules through 6/17/2017: day two of the fast. On day three of the fast (6/18/2017), the subject took only 18 of the Nutriessence capsules, along with five of the “000” capsules containing the Essential Elements activated charcoal. Beginning on day four (6/19/2017) of the fast, subject took 15 of the 450 mg Nutriessence capsules daily (five per meal), plus ten of the “000” Essential Elements capsules (three per meal, plus one before going to sleep). This protocol continued unchanged from 6/19/2017 through the final blood drawing on 12/1/2018.
Colonics were done on fast days number 4, 8, 11, 15, 19, 23, and 27.
The subject’s weight prior to breaking the fast on the morning of July 16 was 149.5 pounds.
The sixth blood drawing was done on December 2, 2017. The subject’s weight was 186 pounds on this day. The results for the December 2017 blood drawing (following a period of charcoal plus 30 days of fasting) showed 34.2 nanograms per gram (34,200 ppt) in blood lipid 4, 4’ – DDE, an increase of 20.68% over the previous measurement (still a cumulative 39.03% below the original baseline) and a measurement of 51,900 ppt in PCBs, an increase of 30.14% from the previous measurement (still a 28.9% drop from baseline).
The seventh blood drawing was done on June 2, 2018. The subject’s weight was 185.5 pounds on this day. The results for the June 2018 blood drawing (following a period of activated charcoal-only intervention) were 22.5 nanograms per gram (22,500 ppt) of blood lipid 4, 4’ – DDE, a decrease of 21.75% from previous (a cumulative drop of 60.78% from baseline) and a PCB measurement of 29,200 ppt, a drop of 31.97% from previous (a cumulative 58.87% drop from baseline).
Protocols for 2018 Fast
The subject weighed 187.5 pounds on June 7, 2018, the day before beginning a 40-day fast.
As in the previous year, the subject took the following supplements daily:
Potassium – three 99 mg pills
Calcium – 1,000 mg pill
Magnesium – 300 mg
Selenium – 400 mcg (three pills of 100 mcg each, plus 100 mcg in multivitamin)
Three pinches of sea salt mixed in with water.
Colonics were done every four days till day 28, then every two days till the end. Colonics were done on fast days number 4, 8, 12, 16, 20, 24, 28, 30, 32, 34, 36, 38, and 40.
The subject’s weight on the morning of July 17, 2018 prior to breaking the fast, was 143.5 pounds.
The eighth blood drawing was done on December 1, 2018. The subject’s weight on this day was 186 pounds. The results for the December 2018 blood drawing (following a period of charcoal plus 40 days of fasting) showed a 4, 4’ – DDE blood lipid measurement of 25.6 nanograms per gram (25,600 ppt), an increase of 6.42% over the previous measurement (for a cumulative decrease of 54.36% from baseline), and PCBs showed a measurement of 35,200 ppt, an increase of an additional drop of 8.45% from previous (still a 50.42% drop from baseline).
There was no spike in 4, 4’ – DDE levels after the 21-day fast, but levels did rise after the longer fasts. One possibility is that some threshold had been crossed by the fasts of longer duration, causing the body to react differently. Another possibility is that a spike was caused by the expelling of toxicants during the fast, but that the additional interventions of saunas and supplements in 2015 removed many of these from the body so that no large post-fast spike was measured. The spike after the 30-day fast was a rise of 20.68%, but the spike after the 40-day fast was only a rise of 6.42%, suggesting that progress is being made in detoxifying the fatty tissues that store most of the DDE and PCBs. The data further suggests that between 18 and 24 months after the completion of a prolonged fast, a large measurable drop in blood lipid toxicant levels takes place. Since a 21-day modified fast accompanied by less than one year of activated charcoal resulted in a drop of 59.71% for blood lipid levels of 4, 4’ – DDE, it is reasonable to assume that the subsequent two fasts, with their cumulative total of 70 days, plus nearly four years of activated charcoal, will ultimately have a far greater effect on lowering blood lipid toxicant levels than current measurements have shown. It is thus far unclear what effect the activated charcoal has made, if any. Future testing will have to be done to isolate this variable and assess its impact on detox.
All data presented – company-provided raw data on excel sheets
In conclusion, this fasting-based detox regimen modified was effective for reducing blood lipid levels of cancer-causing PCBs as well as 4, 4’ – DDE. The effectiveness of each individual component of the detox regimen can only be determined by future studies.
Medical authorities have always said there was no known way to remove these carcinogenic chemicals from our bodies, and no evidence that fasting was effective for detox. This project has demonstrated what is possible in the realm of detox. It remains for large clinical trials to replicate these findings under controlled experiments.
Now that a detox regimen has been proven to reduce some of the main carcinogenic chemicals that bio-accumulate in human blood, this regimen, could theoretically be adapted to help adults everywhere drastically reduce their risk of cancer. In the case of mothers-to-be, such a detox regimen could potentially prevent countless cases of chemically-induced childhood cancer, disease, or birth defect.
Since this detox regimen was so successful at reducing 4, 4’ – DDE and PCBs from the blood, it may also be successful at removing many other harmful chemicals as well. More testing needs to be done to determine if this is the case. Considering the other known benefits of fasting, it may be that after more experimentation, this age-old custom will become a standard practice for adult health maintenance and disease prevention in the medicine of the future.
Click here to view all mass spectrometer results:
APPENDIX TWO: SUPPLEMENT DETAILS AND DOSAGES
These doses were usually broken into three portions, taken with meals. When this was impractical, the largest portion was taken in the morning. Doses were changed for a number of reasons, including an attempt to finish the supplements before the second blood drawing.
1. Multivitamin – Subject began with Mykind Organics brand on 6/19: Men’s Multi 40+ Whole Food Multivitamin until 9/17/2015. From 9/18/2015 onward, New Chapter every man II Multivitamin was used. Subject took one pill daily but missed 22 days: 6/23, 6/24, 6/25, 8/16, 8/17, 8/18, 8/19, 8/20, 11/4, 11/5, 11/6, 11/7, 12/11, 12/12, 12/13, 12/31, 1/1, 1/2, 1/3, 1/5, and 1/6.
2. MSM (Methylsulphonylmethane) – Subject took standard daily doses of 1,000 mg starting on 5/14/2015, increased to 2,000 mg on 6/9, and increased to 3,000 mg from 6/15 to 12/29. This was taken in three pills of 1,000 mg. each. Missed days were 6/23, 6/24, 7/21 – 7/23, 8/18 – 8/20, 11/4 – 11/7, 12/11, 12/12, and 12/13. Only one pill was taken on 6/25, 6/26, 7/8, 7/10, 12/14, and 12/29. Only two pills were taken on 7/6, 7/7, 7/9, 7/25, 8/2, 8/17, 9/3, 9/6, 11/24, 12/10, 12/15, and 12/28. On 6/19, four pills were taken. On 6/20, 4,500 mg were taken. On 6/21 and 6/22, six pills were taken.
3. Vitamin C – Subject started taking 1,000 mg daily on 5/18, increased to 2,000 mg on 6/9, then increased to 3,000 mg from 6/15 to 12/15. Vitamin C was taken in three pills of 1,000 mg. each. Missed days were 6/23, 6/24, 7/21 – 7/23, 8/18 – 8/20, 11/4 – 11/7, and 12/11 – 12/13. Only one pill was taken on 6/25, 6/26, 7/8, 7/10, and 12/14. Only two pills were taken on 7/6, 7/7, 7/9, 7/25, 8/2, 8/17, 9/3, 9/6, 11/24, 12/10, and12/15. On 6/19, four pills were taken. On 6/20, 4,500 mg were taken. On 6/21 and 6/22, six pills were taken. In addition to regular vitamin C, the subject took natural vitamin C from 11/15 till 1/4. These were in pills of 250 mg., and the daily standard dose was 6 pills. Missed days were: 12/11 – 12/13, 12/21 – 12/24, and 12/31 – 1/2. Only two pills were taken on 12/14 and 1/3. Only three pills were taken on 1/4. Only four pills were taken on 11/24, 12/10, 12/15, and 12/25.
4. SAM-e (S-Adenosylmethionine) – Subject took SAM-e from 6/19 till 12/28. Capsules were 400 mg each. Subject took three pills as daily standard dosage from 6/19 till 8/11, when amount was reduced because subject was exceeding the recommended daily dose. One day missed was 6/23. Only one capsule was taken on 6/24, 6/25, 7/8, and 7/10. Only two capsules were taken on 6/26, 7/6, 7/7, 7/9, 7/21, 7/25, and 8/2. From 8/12 till 12/28, standard daily dose was reduced to two capsules. Days missed were 8/18 – 8/20, 11/4 – 11/7, and 12/11 – 12/13. Only one capsule was taken on 11/24, 12/10, and 12/14.
5. Chlorella – From 6/25 till 10/17, three 200 mg. pills were taken as a standard daily dose. Days missed were 7/21 – 7/26, and 8/18 – 8/20. Only one pill was taken on 6/25 and 6/26. Only two pills were taken on 7/10, 7/29, 8/2, 8/17, 9/2, and 9/6. Four pills were taken daily from 7/6 – 7/9. Six pills were taken daily from 6/30 – 7/5. From 10/18 to 12/15, standard daily dose was increased to fifteen 200 mg. pills. Days missed were 11/4 – 11/7 and 12/11 – 12/13. Only ten pills were taken on 12/10 and 12/15. Only five pills were taken on 12/14.
6. Coenzyme Q10 – Beginning on 6/19 through 10/17, standard daily dosage was 300 mg. in three 100 mg. pills. Missed days include: 6/23, 7/21, 8/18 – 8/20. On the following days, 100 mg. was taken: 6/25 and 12/29. On the following days, 200 mg. were taken: 6/24, 7/10, 7/25, 8/2, 8/17, 9/3, 9/6, 12/14, 12/15, 12/26, 12/27, and 12/28. On the following days, 400 mg. were taken: 7/8, 7/9, 7/24, 11/24, and 12/10. On the following days, 600 mg. were taken: 6/29 – 7/7, 7/22, 7/23, 11/15 – 11/23, 11/25 – 11/27, and 11/28 – 12/9.
7. Glutathione – Standard daily dose was 750 mg. (three 250 mg. pills) from 6/19 to 12/30. Missed days include: 6/23, 6/24, 8/8 – 8/13, 8/18 – 8/20, 11/4 – 11/7, and 12/11 – 12/13. Only one 250 mg. pill was taken on 6/25, 6/26, 7/8, 7/10, 8/14, and 8/17. Only two 250 mg. pills were taken on 7/7, 7/9, 7/25, 8/2, 8/7, 9/3, 9/6, and 12/14. Four 250 mg. pills (1,000 mg. total) were taken on 7/21, 11/24, 12/10, 12/15, and 12/30. Six 250 mg. pills were taken (1,500 mg. total) on 7/22, 7/23, 11/15 – 11/23, 11/25 – 12/9, and 12/16 – 12/25.
8. Cellfood (by Nuscience Corporation) – From 6/19 to 9/3, standard daily dose was 9 drops. Entire dose was always taken in the morning. Missed days were 6/23, 7/21 – 7/26, 8/2, and 8/17 – 8/21. Only two drops were taken on 9/3. Only three drops were taken on 6/24, 7/8, and 7/10. Only six drops were taken on 6/19, 6/25, 6/26, and 8/22.
9. Potassium – These were in capsules of 99 mg. each. Standard daily dose from 6/19 to 12/29 was three capsules. Missed days were 6/23 – 6/25, 7/21, 8/18 – 8/20, 11/4 – 11/7, and 12/11 – 12/13. Only one capsule was taken on 6/26, and 7/10. Only two capsules were taken on 7/8, 7/9, 7/25, 8/2, 8/17, 9/3, 9/6, 9/7, and 12/14. Four capsules were taken on 6/13 – 8/16, 8/22, 11/24, 12/10, and 12/15. Six capsules were taken on 11/15 – 11/23, 11/25, 11/26, 11/28 – 12/9, and 12/16 to 12/25.
10. TMG (trimethylgylcine) – The standard daily dosage was three 1,000 mg. pills. From the start date on 6/20 till 12/30, there were some irregularities. Missed days were: 6/23, 6/24, 8/5, 8/18, 8/19, 8/20, 11/4, 11/5, 11/6, 11/7, 12/11, 12/12, and 12/13. Only 1,000 mg. of TMG were taken on 6/20, 6/25, 6/26, 7/8, 7/10, 8/6, and 12/14. Only 2,000 mg. of TMG were taken on 7/9, 7/25, 8/2, 8/4, 8/17, 9/3, 9/6, 11/24, 12/10, 12/15, and 12/30.
11. Vitamin E (with selenium, Full Circle brand) – Subject took a daily standard dose of three pills, each containing 400 iu, from 6/19 to 12/30. Days missed were 6/23, 7/21, 8/18 – 8/20, 11/4 – 11/7, 11/24, and 12/11 – 12/13. Only one pill was taken on 12/30. Only two pills were taken on 6/25, 7/10, 7/25, 8/2, 8/17, 9/2, 9/6, and 12/14. Only three pills were taken from 12/26 – 12/29. Four pills were taken on 6/24, 6/26, 7/8, 7/9, and 12/15. Six pills were taken on 6/19, 6/27 – 7/7, 12/2 – 12/9, and 12/16 – 12/25. Nine pills were taken from 6/20 – 6/22.
12. Milk Thistle Powder (Z Natural Foods brand, organic) – Subject started with “0” size gel capsules (about 500 mg) were used from 6/20 to 8/7. Subject took one daily from 6/20 – 6/22, missed from 6/23 to 6/28, took nine on 6/29, six daily on 7/8 and 7/9, then took three daily from 7/10 to 7/20. Nine were taken daily as standard dosage from 7/21 to 8/7, except for 7/25 and 8/2, when only six were taken. From 8/8 until 12/30, “000” size gel capsules (about 1,000 mg.) were taken. From 8/8 till 12/18, the standard daily dosage was nine of these capsules. Missed days were 8/18, 11/4 – 11/7, and 12/11 – 12/13. Only three capsules were taken on 8/19 and 12/14. Only six capsules were taken on 8/17, 8/20, 9/3, 9/6, 11/24, 12/10, and 12/15. Twelve capsules were taken daily from 12/19 till 12/24. Fifteen capsules were taken on 12/25. To try and finish off the supply before the second blood drawing, 21 capsules were taken daily on 12/26 and 12/27, 65 were taken on 12/28 and 12/29, and 74 capsules were taken on 12/30.
13. Dandelion Root Powder (Starwest Botanicals brand, organic) – “0” size gel capsules (about 500 mg.) were used from 7/7 to 7/23. Four of these were taken on 7/7, two daily from 7/8 – 7/10, nine on 7/21, and twelve daily on 7/22 and 7/23. “000” size gel capsules (about 1,000 mg.) were used from 7/24 till 12/30, with the standard daily dose being nine capsules. Missed days were 8/18, 11/4 – 11/7, and 12/11 – 12/13. Only three capsules were taken on 8/19 and 12/14. Only six capsules were taken on 7/25, 8/2, 8/17, 8/20, 9/3, 9/6, 12/10, and 12/15. Twelve capsules were taken from 12/19 to 12/24. Twenty-one capsules were taken daily on 12/26 and 12/27. Sixty-five capsules were taken on 12/28 and 12/29. Sixty-one capsules were taken on 12/30.
14. Zinc – From 7/24 to 11/14, standard daily dose was three 50 mg. pills. Missed days were 8/18 – 8/20, and 11/4 – 11/7. Only one pill was taken on 7/24. Only two pills were taken on 7/25, 8/2, 8/17, 9/3, and 9/6. From 11/15 to 1/4, standard daily dose was 6 pills. Missed days were 12/11 – 12/13, and 12/31 – 1/2. Only one pill was taken on 1/3 and 1/4. Only two pills were taken on 12/14. Only four pills were taken on 11/24, 12/10, and 12/15.
15. Vitamineral Green (Health Force Super Foods brand) – This was put into “000” gel capsules. One capsule was taken daily on 6/20 – 6/22, and 7/29. Three capsules were taken as a standard daily dose from 7/30 to 12/26. Missed days were 8/18 – 8/20, 11/3 – 11/8, and 12/11 – 12/13. Only one capsule was taken on 12/14. Only two capsules were taken on 8/2, 8/17, 9/3, 9/6, 11/24, 12/10, and 12/15.
16. Grape Seed Extract (Natural Factors brand) – This was taken from 7/24 till 1/4. From 7/24 till 11/14, standard daily dose was three pills of 100 mcg. Missed days were 8/18 – 8/20, and 11/4 – 11/7. Only one pill was taken on 7/24. Only two pills were taken on 7/25, 8/2, 8/17, 9/3, and 9/6. From 11/15 to 1/4, standard daily dose was six pills. Missed days were 12/11 – 12/13, and 12/31 – 1/2. Only two pills were taken on 12/14, 1/3, and 1/4. Only four pills were taken on 11/24, 12/10, and 12/15.
17. Selenium – Standard daily dose was 600 mcg. This includes 100 mcg. contained in each vitamin E pill, sometimes along with 100 mcg. selenium pills. Selenium was taken from 7/22 till 1/4. Missed days include 8/18 – 8/20, 11/4 – 11/7, 12/11 – 12/13, and 12/31 – 1/2. Only 100 mcg. were taken on 12/14, 1/3, and 1/4. Only 200 mcg. were taken on 8/17, 9/3, 9/6, 12/10, and 12/15. Three hundred mcg. of selenium were taken on 7/22, 7/23, and 12/16 – 12/30. Four hundred mcg. of selenium were taken on 7/24 and 7/25. Five hundred mcg. of selenium were taken on 8/2.
18. L-Glutamine – This came in capsules of 500 mg. each, and the standard daily dose from 7/27 till 9/16 was to take three of these. Missed days were from 8/18 – 8/20. Only one capsule was taken on 7/27 and 9/10. Only two capsules were taken on 8/2, 8/17, 9/3, and 9/6.
19. Calcium D glucarate – The subject took this supplement from 9/21 till 12/29. Standard daily dose was two 500 mg. pills from 9/21 till 10/17. One irregularity here was only one 500 mg. pill taken on 9/21. From 10/18 – 12/29, standard daily dose was three 500 mg. pills. Days missed include 11/4 – 11/7, and 12/11 – 12/13. Only one pill was taken on12/10 and 12/14. Only two pills were taken on 11/24, 12/4 – 12/9, 12/15, and 12/26 – 12/29.
20. Pectasol Detox Formula (Advanced Bionutritionals brand) – Standard daily dose was three pills, taken from 10/15 to 12/29. Days missed include 11/4 -11/7, and 12/11 – 12/13. Only one pill was taken on 10/15, 12/10, and 12/14. Only two pills were taken on 11/24, 12/4-12/9, and 12/15-12/29.
21. Magnesium Oil – This was from a spray bottle of 100% pure magnesium oil by Life-flo brand. It says on the bottle that every four sprays contain about 66 mg of magnesium. This was sprayed on the skin, mostly on the feet, from 10/17 to 12/30. Standard dose was 15 sprays per day except for the following irregularities. Days missed include 11/4 – 11/7, 11/23, 11/26, 12/2 – 12/5, 12/10 – 12/19, and 12/21 – 12/24. Twenty sprays were used on 11/18 – 11/19. Thirty sprays were used on 11/20 – 11/22, 11/24 – 11/25, 11/28 – 12/1, 12/6 – 12/9, 12/20, and 12/25 – 12/30.